The Adopting Process:
Neopets has now introduced an option of transferring neopets from one account to another.
Please Note: the neopets transfer charges you neopoints to accept a neopet, the amount depends on the colour and stats of the neopet. We DO NOT charge you anything at all (It is against neopets rules to sell neopets). It will cost the foster parent 1,000 NP to transfer the neopet to you.
Please Note: There is a limit on how many neopets you can transfer each month, dependant on your account age. You can find out how many transfers you have left on the Pound Transfer page.So we may have to wait up to a month, to do the transfer, if one of us has transferred the maximum number of pets already that month.
- Once we have accepted your application, the foster parent will contact you to agree a day for the transfer to take place, you will need to be able to be online later that day or next day to accept the pet.
- The foster parent will go to the transfer section of the neopian pound and send the neopet to your account.
- You will then get a notification event saying that you have a new pending transfer. You need to follow the link in the neomail to view the the pet.
- If you missed the transfer event, you can still view the pending transfer.
- You have 3 days before the transfer expires. If something happened to stop you being online on the agreed day you have two more days to get online to accept.If the transfer expires: the neopet will be returned the foster account. They may not be able to attempt another user-to-user transfer until the next month and they will not get their 1,000 NP back.
- You need to make sure you have enough NP out to adopt the neopet. If you don't have enough NP you have 3 days to earn it, before the transfer expires.
Please Note: It may take up to four days to complete a transfer. While the neopet is in transit you will not be able to create or adopt any other neopets, neither will the foster parent.